Sunday, January 18, 2009

So much to write!

We have so much to write today we don't know where to begin. First of all, the move has turned out to be great! The grocery store is very close and we've already check out the mall. The mall is HUGE! We believe that it is so new that it isn't complete yet. There are many empty stores and lots of construction going on. At one end of the mall was a skating rink. We were able to watch some kids skate. No helmets worn here! There is a big water fountain in the middle of the mall that we watched for several minutes. Kaiden threw in a few coins and made some wishes. One wish was for Kallie, he wished, "That Kallie will be my best sister ever!" We are unsure if that wish is for her or him but whatever. There were many familiar stores like Calvin Klein, Tommy Hilfiger, Peacock, Cooper Lee Jeans, Esprite, and you won't believe it ALDO! Yes, they have an ALDO shoe store. I couldn't believe it! Now if only I could convince Darryl that downsizing to one suitcase isn't necessay and I could spend a few hours shopping! No luck yet! We rode on the escalators a few times and walked all aroung looking for the indoor playground but we assume that it isn't open yet. We didn't even find a children's clothing store. It was all ladies or mens clothes/shoes. On the main level there is large grocery store that had a lot we could buy. For those of you reading that don't know, Darryl has a severe nut allergy. When we buy food we have to be very careful. In this particular grocery store there are a lot of labels that are written in English so we could read ingredients or allergy warnings. We were able to buy more spices, Hienz Ketchup, Salsa, and a few other things. When approaching this mall we saw a McDonalds sign. We thought that we had it made with a McDonalds in walking distance, only to learn very quickly that it is under construction and the restuarant is just being built! Shucks!
We forgot to mention that in this new apartment, we have 2 English t.v.channels (CNN & another news show) and a piano that Darryl and Kaiden plunk away on. After getting caught up on some current events we realize that Russia still has turned the gas off for parts of Europe, and that birds took down a plane in the States. Thank you CNN!
With the landline in this apartment we've been able to talk to Darryl's sister, Darryl's sister-in-law, my sister, and my mom! It sure is great to chat with our family! Thanks guys!
Now to talk about Kallie! Since moving we visit Kallie later in the day. Yesterday we believe she realized that something was different. Today she was the best she's ever been!!! When we arrived she was in the 'playpen' with 7 other kids. Once she saw us she wanted out. The worker went into the next room to get Kallie some clothes and Kallie started to cry because she was ready to come to us. The worker quickly returned and took Kallie to the chage table. She talked to Kallie and Kallie was talking back to her. This is the first time we've heard Kallie's voice!!!!! Then Kallie said "Papa!" That is what they call Darryl here. The worker asked Kallie to say Mama. Kallie answered, "Papa!" After a bit more talking from the worker Kallie said "Mama!" We were so proud of her, I even had tears in my eyes! Throughout the visit she said Mama and Papa several times. Darryl would rather be called Daddy, but right now Papa will be acceptable. Kaiden believes she said "brother" today too! LOL We took crayons and a colouring book today and she seemed to enjoy it. Her crayon grasp isn't exactly the best but I hardly corrected her! HaHa! Near the end of the visit I got out the cell phone to check the time. After modeling how to use the phone Kallie was a pro! See the picture below. (We know that the Aunites don't think that light blue is Kallie's colour but we don't have control over her wardrobe yet!)
Well we only have 2 more visits until court and then the big countdown will start!
Thank you to ALL for the prayers, messages, and comments, we appreciate the support!

Love,

Jeremy, Darryl, & Kaiden




12 comments:

Cindy Genest said...

What an exciting day for you all- sounds like the mall is great and tell Darryl that you really deserve a pair of Aldo shoes!! lol That is so touching to hear Kallie call you Papa and Mama! Isn't that the best, and I can relate. Dawson is calling me "mom" at school now too!! Nolan told me I am the best Mom Eva ever!! OH and I'm with the Auntie's Kallie looks much better with pink- lol
oh we're all so happy for you.

Urban's said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Urban's said...

Amazing! Priceless! It was nice to chat with you yesterday and hear the excitement in your voice. Jeremy she is already just like us,on the phone!! I can't believe that she said Mama and Papa. I can not wait to hear her voice. We hope the next few days go by quickly and that your visits get better and better!!

Shawna and Jon said...

that's awesome you guys!!!!! can't wait to chat with you next w/e!!!! glad to hear that things are going well for you all.
love
jon, shawna, and londyn

Marg Polanik said...

''Mamma! Papa!" sounds awesome to your ears I bet! It is becoming more of a reality that you have a daughter!! Kaiden and Kallie are so lucky to have you guys as parents! I agree that you need a pair of shoes as a memory of your trip, right Jeremy!!? The mall sounds like a nice place to go when you're waiting for your visits. Again I look forward to hearing the news about getting closer to coming home! Take care and God bless you!

Basset's said...

It sure sounds like your daughter loves you and is excited to see yous.We are sure excitedto hear from you's when you can book your trip home and bring your daughter for the rest of us to meet.Your Mom is sure getting excited Carla printed off some pictures of you's and the kids and she was showing them off at Hope's b'day party and commented she can't wait to see her,and of course Kaiden and the both of you's.She looks so cute in pink,I think pink is her color.Uncle Jim says hi and thinks Kallie is a little Princess.It's so nice to hear from you's on the blog,but I also like the surprises when I'm on facebook and you come on and say hi.We wish you well and we hope you have an awesome week.May god Bless you with a quick couple of weeks with all the paperwork and then a safe trip home.Lots of Love...

Blaine and Lisa said...

Wow, sounds like things are going pretty Awesome! How couldnt they be, spending time with your new beautiful daughter and having a mall like that walking distance away, i would say your set!! It was so awesome to talk to you mom today, she is so excited, she made me more excited!! I really cant wait to meet her. Good Luck with the next couple of days....we pray that they go Great! XOXO, Cheers for now, Blaine and Lisa

Rhonda M. said...

Hi Jeremy,
Yes I was wondering if you were in one of the lucky areas of the Ukraine to have no gas from Russia. I think the two countries have come to some sort of agreement now but I know that there were some affected areas.

By the way, just have to say that you have quite the son there!! He is not only a handsome boy, but he has a generosity of spirit! His fondness for his little, "best ever sister" is very moving. You can tell he already adores her and has accepted his role as big brother.
Well I cannot imagine the excitement all of you must feel visiting with Kallie everyday! It sounds like you have won her over! (As she has, you!)
The day will come, very soon, when you will be able to dress her in the clothes you choose and bring her into a plane traveling thousands of kilometers across the ocean, to her home. I'm sure the excitement is building every day. I know I am sitting on the edge of my seat!
Blessings to all of you!
(I pray that events move at lightning speed and that you are home within a few weeks!)
Rhonda
p.s. I can't wait to meet both your children when you get back!!

p.s. As we are off the hook with our modeling duties, Beatrice Fredericks has been passed the modeling torch this year! She will be our sole MT representative at this year's Foundation Fashion Show.

jen_j said...

A huge mall with an "Aldo", English television, and a court date...sounds like things are looking up! It's so good to hear that things are going well and that the food situation has been a bit easier than last time. Keep on posting pictures. People at school have said how much she looks like you! Take care!

Linda C said...

So much good news! I showed Jeff Kallie's picture and he said, "God she's already on the phone!" Our kids said "dada" first too. Darn! She looks so much like Kaiden. I can't imagine how happy you all are. Great stores in the mall, but super expensive unless there's sales. I bought a plant in Walmart yesterday and also picked up a sweater for four bucks. Even Erica, our fashion diva approved. I'm still on track to save money! I hope time flies by and everything continues to go well. Look forward to more news! Linda C.

Mel Frey said...

Hi Jeremy,
We are so happy for you. Jordan is always coming home from school with something new to tell us. I now have your blog address so that I can read it myself, you know kids they only tell you what they think is important or what they remember and it never really amounts to much. He is always very excited to hear more about what is actually happening over there. He is enjoying the new teacher so we are very happy with that. Kallie is beautiful. I don't know how you guys are doing it but I give you a lot of credit for being so patient because I know that I would have a really hard time. Kaiden reminds me a lot of Jordan when I had Parker, therefore, I know that he will be a great big brother to her. He is at such a helpful age and you are really going to enjoy that. Keep writing and we will keep reading. Our thoughts and prayers are always with you. Take care.

Unknown said...

Hi Decks
I so look forward to sharing your excitement through the blog. It is my daily ritual.
The weather is warm here -6 to +4. A winter holiday for us saps who can't fly away to the sun. Kallie seems like such a dream child. She is so beautiful. God has blessed you. I pray that the court date goes well and you can come home soon to share your bundle of love with all of us in person. Thinking of you and loving the ability to be part of your joy!