Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Visit #7


It has now been one week that we’ve been visiting Kallie! We must say that the past week has gone by rather quickly (but Darryl says not quick enough). We want EVERYONE to know that we appreciate the blog comments and the messages. They really brighten our day and we thank you for that.

Our visit today was a bit different. Kallie seemed frustrated with us. After about one hour she didn’t seem happy. For about a half an hour we tried different things but she didn’t really come around. We didn’t want her to get too upset so we ended the visit about 20 minutes early. Yes this seems unfortunate, and it was hard to leave early, but we believe it was the best thing for Kallie. We really tried to get her to say Mom or Dada today but we were unsuccessful – maybe tomorrow. If the connection is good we will send a picture or two from today.

After the visit, our driver took us to the big shopping mall in Dnipro. It was huge! There were many shops on 3 levels. We quickly walked around and then we went to the grocery store in the basement. We finally found ‘the good perogies’. We’ve had a long week without them.

It was colder here today we think it was -17 this morning. Our driver told us that tomorrow it will be warmer????

Tomorrow it is Christmas Day here in Ukraine. We have bought 2 boxes of chocolates for the workers in Kallie’s room. Apparently, in Ukraine the New Year’s holiday is a bigger deal than Christmas.

Kaiden may be getting sick!!! His voice is crackly; he has developed a cough, and may be running a slight fever. We have already given him Tylenol – hopefully nothing serious develops!!!

We talked to our facilitator today and it looks like Kallie has to have one more blood test on Thurs. DARN! We think that we will know more at the end of the week when our translator joins us.

Until later,

The Decks

P.S. I think that if you click on the pictures they will go full screen. If we send them smaller it goes quicker.

6 comments:

Marg Polanik said...

Hi! Merry Christmas Eve!! I was just thinking that we all have our days when we are a little off and Kallie must have had one of those days. Heather was saying that her 4 month old was so cranky no matter what she tried with him yesterday. Poor Kaiden!! I hope he is feeling better today!! Is it easy to go to a doctor there? I am thinking about you and know that it is hard to be away for so long. It will be worth it in the end!!

Blaine and Lisa said...

Hey Guys, First of all, thanks for the pictures, what a beautiful family! Jeremy your daughter is gorgeous!! Love those beautiful big eyes!! That is awesome that you were able to be out and about the last couple days, that mall sounds awesome!! And how exciting to buy some winter clothes for your little girl!! hurray for pink! Poor thing with the needles i hate bringing my kids for needles, altho i do better with it then blaine does! Well, i hope your day is fantastick tomorrow, Merry "Ukrainian" Christmas! Can't wait to hear more! Cheers for now, XOXO, Lisa

Rhonda Baker said...

Hi! Merry Christmas Eve...is there such a thing? Anyway..I'm so excited for you all..what a beautiful daughter...she's so precious...I love that she has attitude. I'm thinking of you all Jeremy. Hope your day goes better tomorrow and that Kaiden feels better. I won the baby pool for Lisa. By the way did anyone tell you that it was -41 here Sunday morning. That isn't with windchill either! We broke a 43 year old record. I can't wait to meet your daughter. Enjoy Ukrainian Christmas in The Ukraine. I'll look forward to this blog everyday.
Rhonda

Cindy Genest said...

Checked our email we're so happy to hear from you!! I missed you terribly yesterday and today.. just not the same without you and it's been only 2 days!! Last night we had a supper to go to yes on the first day back so the boys and I were exhausted. I loved seeing the pictures Daryl and you with Kallie, she looks a lot like you! I can't wait to meet her!! Ray has his birthday on Thurs. we're having Nolan's party Sun. at Flip. It's just party, party at our house. Oh, and that mall sounds fabulous!!! How cute to buy your girl a pink jacket every girl needs one. Well until your next blog..

Urban's said...

The new picture is very cute!! Kaiden you were the first to phone me on my birthday, so thank you. I was very surprised to hear you on the phone, you made my day!!! Charlee and Dalton could not believe that I was talking to you. Then they were mad because they miss you and they were not able to talk to you. I told them that maybe they could phone you in the next couple days. I hope your parents don't mind. Dalton is having a hard time going back to school. So he said "I wish I was Kaiden so I didn't have to go back to school yet". I hope you have a great visit tomorrow, Kallie is a special girl to belong to such a great family. Miss you and hope to see you soon. Love Joslyn, Charlee and Dalton oh I guess I should include Trevor's name.

Linda C said...

It was good to be back at work, except of course I miss you and everyone else that is away! The kids were happy to visit with one another and they are working well. They seem to find multiplying fairly easy so far. What a relief! Marissa N. is a U of S student doing a six week practicum under Pat and Colleen's supervision. She is available during math so that means one more adult in the room. Yes!!!!!!!!!
I showed parts of your blog and Kallie's pictures to your class and also mine. Your students were so happy, it was awesome. Mrs. B. couldn't get it to work with her laptop.
Matthew had his biopsy for celiac disease this a.m. I quess we'll know in a week or two, but he's pretty sure that the test will be positive.
Gee, I hope Kallie is happier tomorrow. Hopefully Kaiden won't be too sick and you and Darryl will stay healthy.
Two kids in my class were sick today and yesterday one sweetie threw up at about 9:50. One little guy is going to Hawaii tomorrow for ten days. Our own family is healthy for now. I wish we were going to Hawaii too!!!!!!!!!!
Take care and I look forward to your blogs. Linda C