Sunday, January 25, 2009

The Waiting Continues

Hello All,

From talking to some family members back home we hear that it is VERY cold there. Sorry about your luck but it is the only good thing we're missing. All three of us are getting tired of the waiting. Kaiden summed it up perfectly on the way to visit Kallie yesterday, he said " I love my sister, but I don't like the visits anymore and I hate that we have to be away from home for so long!" I replied that is exactly how mom and dad feel too!

It is getting hard to post because we feel we are posting re-runs. Once you start with the re-runs the ratings go down. We wouldn't want to lose any of our fans now! LOL

We have had a slow couple of days. Our meals have been horrible. We were doing ok until the past three days. Three days ago we bought tuna to try (in a can), it was so bad nobody ate it. Thank goodness for the peanut butter. Yesterday we bought ground beef and made meatballs. Well it wasn't ground beef! Who knows what it was but I sure didn't eat any. Then today we boiled perogies that we thought were potatoe SURPRISE they were orange inside and tasted a bit like sourcraute (sp?). Needless to say those went in the garbage pretty fast. I know some of you are laughing at this point but it is not funny!

We have talked to our travel agent in Saskatoon and we needed to pick a new day to fly home since we aren't ready this Wednesday. Our facilitator here thought that we could just cancel our flights and then leave them open ended and book new flights once we have Kallie's passport. Our travel agent was not allowed to do that with our tickets. Therefore we picked a day mid-Feb that we hope to be ready to come home. If we have to make another change we will have to pay another change fee (it's about $600.00) so here is hoping that we made a good decision.

This coming weeks seems pretty uneventful. We will contniue to visit Kallie everyday and that's about it. The action doesn't start up here until Tues. Feb
3rd. We are praying that then the ball rolls smoothly.

Love,

The Decks




OPEN WIDE!!!



Kallie's Orphanage



Pretending to be Uncle Jody in a Jeep!



Kaiden enjoying the indoor playground.



Kaiden is standing beside a Santa that is made out of LEGO.

6 comments:

Rhonda M. said...

Are you kidding!
We love to hear how all of you are doing!! We love the pics as well. Learning about the Ukraine is also very much appreciated! Don't worry about ratings!! Do what is best for you.
Jeremy, Lisa's baby shower was very nice. I have some pictures to send you but am unsure where to send them to. Do you check your work email? Let me know where to send these and I will do so right away. With you being away for over a month now, you might be forgetting what some of us look like!
Take care all of you!
Think of how much closer you are to getting on that plane to come home!!!
Rhonda M

Marg Polanik said...

Hi! Yes it has been very cold here but it should be getting better in a couple of days! Just imagine how good everything will taste when you get back to Canada. Those pictures are so cute!! What size clothes is Kallie wearing? I know time is passing slowly for you - there are only so many UNO and movies that you can watch, right? Maybe you will discover something new in the area you are in. I am praying that things get moving quickly for you. Everyone is excited for your return.

Murray and Donna said...

Hang in there guys. I know when we were in Ukraine the time after the court date seemed to drag on forever. Keep on enjoying each visit getting to know your daughter. I'm sure the next perogie experience will be better---just ask for "verenyky kartoplom"--perogies with potaties.
Thinking of you,
Donna & Murray

Linda C said...

Don't stop talking to us!!!!!! I am very happy hearing "whatever". Goodness, I would certainly die if I had to eat that food. I probably shouldn't tell you, but we are having turkey for supper. We are very spoiled in this country!! Kaiden looks like he's having alot of fun. I would find it very difficult waiting too.
The orphanage building doesn't look very fancy, but then again maybe alot of the buildings look like that.
I hate this cold weather! I bought a few plants, hoping to feel springish. Since may orchid died, I bought some lucky bamboo. Apparently you can't kill it!! We'll see.
Please continue to post,even if it's reruns!Take care! Linda,

Cindy Genest said...

Hey - keep the posts coming because we enjoy hearing how things are going. I love the pictures of the kids. Yes the weather is terribly cold. I am on the countdown for our holiday already!! How is Kaiden enjoying his game boy? I too would like to know what size Kallie is wearing.
We will continue to pray for you and for a quick return.

Joan said...

Hi
It is so good to hear from you. I find your daily reports interesting. I know you are anxious to come home, it will happen...remember the reason you are there is bring Kallie home. Take each day at a time and soon you will be back in Saskatoon. Take good care of each other. Kaiden give your little sister a big hug OK!
Joan